Monday, October 27, 2008

Welcome to my Blog!

Although a bit intimidated, I decided to start a blog for several reasons. First and foremost, I am an avid reader. Despite a very busy life, I read on the average two books a week. I have read so many books, I cannot keep track of them all. This is a perfect way to log each one that I read, what its about, and my thoughts. Secondly, I am notorious for scribbling book recommendations on scraps of paper and giving them to my friends. Sometimes, if I am feeling aggressive, I will e-mail people on my recommendations. Perhaps this is a better, more passive way to share the love! Lastly, my sister has a wonderful blog primarily focused on independent films, and she convinced me that I nothing to lose. I welcome any comments or dialogue, and I am always looking for the next great read!

I find that most of the books I read are slanted towards crime and mystery, however I will read anything. I have made a pact with myself to try to read more "literature" and less murder and mayhem. We will see how long that lasts!

You will notice that about half of my reads are audio book. Some tell me this is not real reading. I will say that it is a wonderful way to multi-task...what better way to clean the house? Audio books bring the story to life in a way that sometimes my mind cannot do. On the reverse, it can also kill a good book. Either way it is a great way for me to crank through more books on my busy schedule.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ha! I sneaked back to welcome you to BlogWorld! Happy Anniversary!

((hugs))