Saturday, January 2, 2010
The very lovely Alice (from Hello My Name is Alice) recently gave me another award...the Beautiful Blogger Award. I personally think this is a gorgeous button...who designed this? I have waxed happily about Alice and her photographic and bookish skills. You need to go check her out.
Now the rules for this award are that I need to pass it along to seven people, and tell you seven things about myself. These are both difficult things to do. Here are seven things about myself that you may or may not have known:
1. I am an avid cook. There isn't a recipe I won't try.
2. I spent my years between the age of 7 and 17 taking piano lessons and obsessing over playing songs by Styx.
3. I am a CPA, and worked in a corporate position until five years ago, when I quit to stay home with my kids.
4. In addition to reading, I also love music and movies passionately.
5. I was born on summer solstice, so I am both a Gemini and Cancer. True to form, I am the social butterfly with a mouth that won't stop, but at times I would rather be left alone.
6. I am a practical, even-keeled person. Generally no hysterics and mood swings.
7. I suck at decorating.
Now for my seven nominees, I've decided to focus on my northeast friends, the ones who have been barraged by snow this winter:
Caite @ A Lovely Shore Breeze
Jennifer @ A Literate Housewife
Anna @ Diary of an Eccentric
Serena @ Savvy Verse & Wit
Dawn @ She is Too Fond of Books
Nicole @ Linus's Blanket
Frances @ Nonsuch Book
In honor of you all, here is a video of a song I just heard on the radio, and thought would be perfect: