This year, the challenges plum wore me out. It is easy to get excited about them. Library! I can do that! Audiobooks? That is totally my gig. Memoirs? I love memoirs. Graphic novels? I want to try them. But at the end of the day, there were things I wanted to read, but didn't. Now I'm irritated.
Despite my annoyance, I did pretty well. Here are the list of my challenges and the results - I failed to complete one. I am not going to add titles or links, because that is way more work than I want to do right now. I'm tired!
1. Support Your Library Reading Challenge - 25 out of 25 read
2. 100+ Reading Challenge - 140 books read
3. Graphic Novels Challenge - 3 out of 3 (plus a whole lot more!)
4. Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge - 4 out of 4
5. Amy Einhorn Perpetual Challenge - 2
6. E-Book Challenge - 6 out of 6
7. Audiobook Challenge - 20 out of 20
8. Twenty Ten Challenge - 20 out of 20
9. Read and Review Challenge - up to date
10. TBR Challenge - 7 out of 12 (My big failure!)
11. Read the Book/See the Movie Challenge - 4 out of 4
12. Read From My Shelves Project - 30 out of 30
13. Vietnam War Challenge - 5 out of 5
14. Okra Challenge - 4 out of 4
15. RIP Challenge - 4 out of 4 (plus more!)
For 2011, I have taken the TBR Dare from James, and will only read my printed books from now through April 1st. It will be good for my soul. I will continue to keep track of Amy Einhorn imprints - that one offers no pressure. I may read a western in May with James. I may be sucked into RIP in the fall, because it is tradition. But as of right now, I'm laying low and doing as I please!
Happy New Year everyone!