Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Boston #1




When my husband and I were visiting Boston in 2011 for a business meeting (our first trip to Boston EVER), I spent about a half day with a blogger I'd become friends with but had never met...Molly Bumble.  Molly is all about Boston, born and bred, so I was in good hands for my whirlwind tour about town.

The first place she took me was Fenway Park.  Girlfriend loves her Red Sox.  This stadium is just FULL of history.  Built in 1912 and the oldest major league ballpark in use, it makes for a sensational tour.  Even if you aren't a baseball fan, you would love it.

Above are a couple of shots I took on the tour.  The top picture is of the   
big green wall at the back of left field called The Green Monster.  Getting a seat out by the Monster costs, like, a billion dollars.

The second picture is of the oldest seats in the stadium.  They may be original, but I don't remember, I didn't take notes.  But they are very old and cool, but don't offer much legroom.   



12 comments:

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

If your Wordless Wednesday is about Boston, you're allowed limitless words :) .... Go, Red Sox!

bermudaonion said...

When my father in law was a young man, a family friend took him to Boston and a Red Sox game. He's been a fan ever since and tries to go to a game every couple of years. (I root for the Phillies in memory of my dad.)

Zibilee said...

I would have loved to see that historic set of seats. I have never been to Boston, but would love to visit someday. Great photos today!

Darlene said...

Oh, how cool! I'd love to visit Boston some day.

Marie Cloutier said...

:-D nice!

Anna said...

Boston is my favorite city. Makes me long for the old college days. When we visited last summer, the first place we went was Fenway. My husband got a job there as a ball boy or whatever you call them when he was a teenager, but his parents wouldn't let him accept it because they didn't want him to drive all the way into Boston every day. He's still miffed about that, LOL.

Unknown said...

Great pictures, Sandy! Fenway, the Green Monster brings back awesome memories of my college days as does much of Boston. I went to school 45 minutes from Boston so my friends and I took frequent trips to Boston. I love this city, it's fantastic!

Kate Scott said...

Great pictures! I was born and raised in the Boston metro area. I moved away 7 years ago, but have gone back to visit for 1-4 months every year since I left. I love my home city... can't stay away!

ds said...

At the risk of being labeled a traitor to the Guys in Pinstripes, I have to say that I commend Boston (wonderful city!) and the Sox for keeping the original stadium. A game there without the "Monstah" just wouldn't be the same...

Beth F said...

What colorful and awesome shots! My brother is going to be in that stadium in a couple of weeks when goes to Boston to visit a friend.

The Bumbles said...

I had so much fun with you that day! You captured the essence of Fenway beautifully here :0)

Kathleen said...

I love Boston but haven't had a chance to visit in over 10 years. You are so lucky you had a great tour guide in Molly!