Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Lake Michigan #1




My family rented a beach house on Lake Michigan for a week this summer.  It was beastly hot during the day...almost too hot to even walk on anything resembling sand.  So we went on a road trip one day to see a lighthouse in Michigan City that dated back to the mid-1800's.  Exciting stuff for me!

We weren't able to actually go inside the lighthouse, but we could walk out to it.    I found it ironic that when I turned around and walked back from the lighthouse to shore, the bottom picture was my view.  Not so lovely.    



5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You're right, the bottom picture's not so lovely but the top one sure is.

Zibilee said...

I love that top photo, an had I been there, could have stood there all day looking at it.

Meg @ write meg! said...

Oh, I love lighthouses! It is funny how your view of it is better than from it. My mom used to vacation on Lake Michigan when she was a teenager, and I love hearing her stories from those summers. Hope to get there myself someday!

Alyce said...

That lighthouse is beautiful! Nuclear power plants evoke a sense of creepy/panic in me, even though I know they are mostly safe. I've been reading too many dystopian books I guess!

caite said...

Oh, that lighthouse makes me weak in the knees! Lol