Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Salem, Massachusetts




In early November last year, my son and I went on a field trip to Boston.  In the middle of a nor'easter.  Rain, 70 mph wind, and even some snow, which is exciting stuff for Florida kids.  

One of our activities was to take a walking ghost tour of Salem one cold, rainy night.  These are some scenes from that night.  Did we see ghosts?  Some parents swore there were orbs showing up in their photographs.  I think it was more light reflections from the street lights, but it was fun to play along.  

I didn't take notes, but I remember our guide telling us that there are a gazillion people that descend upon Salem for Halloween.  Hotels book up years in advance.  I actually preferred the cold, wet, haunted desolation of the place when we visited...great atmosphere.  




11 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I have a feeling it would have creeped me out!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

That witch museum looks pretty interesting!

Unknown said...

We went through the Boston area on a family trip about 8 years ago. Although I was interested in all of the lore surrounding Salem we decided to bypass it since our kids were so young we figured they'd end up having nightmares for the rest of the trip.

Zibilee said...

I would have loved to have seen this! I have read a lot about witches in Salem, and think it would bring a lot of historical context to see what the Witch Museum had to show off!

Ti said...

How creepy is this?? I saw that first photo and got a little shiver. I love that stuff!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Sounds like a lot of fun -- especially near Halloween! Reminds me of "Hocus Pocus," which is a must-watch at that time of year!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

There's a Salem Witch Museum?!?! How did I not know this? I love it.

Heidenkind said...

This is fun! I always wanted to visit Salem.

caite said...

I don't think I have ever been to Salem..that red window sets the mood!

Beth F said...

Salem is a great place visit. Sounds like you had an atmospheric time!

Kathleen said...

I want to go there. I've always been fascinated by the Salem Witch Trials.